2017 Young Artist Concerto Competition
Auditions to be held on January 28, 2017
$1000 Scholarship is awarded to the winner, who will perform the winning concerto in its entirety with the Livingston Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, May 13, 2017.
This competition is open to players of any orchestral instrument, excluding piano.
Prize for Competition Winner
$1000 will be awarded to the winner, who will perform the winning concerto in its entirety with the Livingston Symphony Orchestra at the May 13, 2017 concert.
- Applicants are required to prepare an entire concerto (or other work of similar stature written for solo instrument with orchestra accompaniment)
- Audition piece must be performed from memory.
- Piano accompaniment is required at audition. Participants must arrange for their own accompanists.
- Participants will be evaluated, by a panel of three judges, on technique, interpretation, presentation, and other pertinent criteria.
- Participants are required to provide a copy of the music to each of the judges at the time of their audition. Music will be returned to participant at conclusion of their audition.
- Decision of the judges is final.
· Mail application with $50 (check or money order) nonrefundable registration fee to:
Livingston Symphony Orchestra YACC
P.O. Box 253, Livingston, NJ 07039
· Auditions to be held on January 28, 2017, beginning at 10:30 am.
· Competition will take place at Livingston Public Library, 10 Robert Harp Drive, Livingston, NJ 07039.
· Piano is on premises for the accompanist.
· Deadline for receipt of applications is January 13, 2017.
For Questions:Email questions to email@example.com.
Telephone questions to 973-822-2075.
About The Orchestra:The Livingston Symphony Orchestra was established in 1956, and has grown to be one of the finest ensembles in the state.